RE: st: repeated measures

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   RE: st: repeated measures
Date   Tue, 7 Sep 2010 22:21:22 +0100

Perhaps. But David Bell's suggestion of -collapse- I think trumps all other suggestions.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Michael McCulloch

Thanks Nick, you're correct I did misread that part.
Nevertheless, I suspect that some of the complexity you allude to your
your prior reply to Michael E. is that he wishes to selectively carry
forward certain field values. For example, something like:
	replace the missing value from (first visit at which it's available )
if that value is present in that patient's first visit
I would know how to define the first visit a patient had, but not how
to find the first visit at which a lab value appeared.

On Sep 7, 2010, at 1:12 PM, Nick Cox wrote:

> I think Michael M. is misreading this. It's a long to long mapping,
> so -reshape- does not spring to mind here. See my earlier suggestions.

Michael McCulloch