st: RE: hist, by() limit?

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: hist, by() limit?
Date   Fri, 3 Sep 2010 15:18:04 +0200

This code works for 61 unique values in the -by()- option:

webuse nlswork.dta, clear
hist age, by(wks_ue, legend(off)) normal

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Daniel Caro
Sent: Freitag, 3. September 2010 15:09
Subject: st: hist, by() limit?

Dear all,

I am trying to produce a histogram by country:

hist ses, normal by(idcntry, legend(off))

and get the following error message:

option SAR not allowed.

My grouping variable idcntry includes 36 countries. The command does
work for fewer countries, I tried with 6.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,