st: hist, by() limit?

From   Daniel Caro <dcarov@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: hist, by() limit?
Date   Fri, 3 Sep 2010 15:09:28 +0200

Dear all,

I am trying to produce a histogram by country:

hist ses, normal by(idcntry, legend(off))

and get the following error message:

option SAR not allowed.

My grouping variable idcntry includes 36 countries. The command does
work for fewer countries, I tried with 6.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Daniel