st: RE: Latest Stata Update

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   st: RE: Latest Stata Update
Date   Thu, 2 Sep 2010 20:53:04 +0100

The -update- feature -- for Windows -- is described in -help whatsnew- for Stata 11.1, 3 June 2010.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Richard Williams

For those who haven't noticed, there is a Sept. 1 Stata update. It is
either huge or my Internet connection is slow today, because it took
much longer than updates usually do. It mostly looks like little bug
fixes. But, the biggest thing I noticed is that I didn't have to
click on -update swap- to finish the update -- Stata has found a way
to do that itself. Hopefully that will cut way down on posts from
people whose ado and exe files have gotten out of sync with each other.