st: RE: listing all observations of particular id's

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: RE: listing all observations of particular id's
Date   Sun, 29 Aug 2010 16:30:11 +0100

This is an FAQ.

An answer is

egen anyB1 = max(B) , by(id)
l if anyB1

The rationale is discussed at tedious length in

How do I create a variable recording whether any members of a group (or all members of a group) possess some characteristic?

Abhimanyu Arora

The basic simplified problem is as follows.
2 variables A (id) and B(0/1)
I would like to list all observations of all A's for which there is at
least one B=1.
-list- lists only the particular observations...