st: RE: RE: listing all observations of particular id's

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: RE: listing all observations of particular id's
Date   Sun, 29 Aug 2010 20:16:24 +0200

<>

On the occasion of this thread and NJC`s solution: Why is it that Stata
requires no -sort-ing in Nick`s solution, but does require it if I prefix
the -by-? (For -max-, -sort-ing should not matter...)

***********
clear*
inp byte(A B)
1 0