st: Discrete time hazard model-interval censored

From   Nyasha Tirivayi <ntirivayi@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Discrete time hazard model-interval censored
Date   Fri, 27 Aug 2010 19:26:33 +0200

Dear All

I have a dataset on labour force participation in an African country.
There are two waves of interviews, January 2009 and August 2009. I am
interested in looking at the effects of a social program on the
transitions into employment. The survey asked questions like, "are you
empoyed at the moment" .  I am especially interested in those who at
first interview had were not employed. However ,we do not know exactly
the date when they do  get employed, we only have a response at second
interview whether they are employed or not.

Could anyone advise me if a discrete time hazard model is suitable?
What stata methods do I use for the interval censoring? And how do I
correct for the selection bias of the social program?

May you kindly advise

Regards

Nyasha Tirivayi
PhD researcher
Maastricht Graduate School of Governance
Maastricht University
Netherlands