st: RE: I wish I'd known that -

From   "Ploutz-Snyder, Robert (JSC-SK)[USRA]" <robert.ploutz-snyder-1@nasa.gov>
Subject   st: RE: I wish I'd known that -
Date   Thu, 26 Aug 2010 10:12:17 -0500

Perhaps you'll also share the list with us in a compiled format?!

Sounds like a great idea...

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Ronan Conroy
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2010 9:17 AM
To: statalist hsphsun2. harvard. edu
Subject: st: I wish I'd known that -

Teaching Stata, I am aware of the many useful commands, functions and
tricks I wish I had known about earlier, such as

inlist
egen tag
egen group
db

Since I teach basic Stata, I wanted to poll the experience of those
who have learned Stata recently (since it developed menus - my release
3 diskettes are still in the office somewhere!).

What are the things that you wish you had learned earlier?

Your answers will go to enrich the lives of my grad students. Only
kidding; they will go into my Stata course.

Ronan Conroy

rconroy@rcsi.ie
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
Epidemiology Department,
Beaux Lane House, Dublin 2, Ireland
+353 (0)1 402 2431
+353 (0)87 799 97 95
+353 (0)1 402 2764 (Fax - remember them?)
http://rcsi.academia.edu/RonanConroy

P    Before printing, think about the environment