Re: st: RE: I wish I'd known that -

From   David Elliott <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: I wish I'd known that -
Date   Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:01:53 -0300

A great place to start is with Stata's own suggestion list: -help
contents_should_know-

I created (well, more like got halfway done but never finished) a
Stata helpfile for our networked Stata that has a link that is created
by a reference in profile.do and printed to the console on startup
displaying: "An introduction to Stata is available.  Just -click here-
to view it."
This is especially useful for new users and I would encourage you to
consider writing your course, or at least labs, in SMCL so that users
can run code examples, access command help and supplementary info all
from within the Stata interface.

DC Elliott