Re: st: p-values for K-M point survival estimates using sts list

From   Steve Samuels <>
Subject   Re: st: p-values for K-M point survival estimates using sts list
Date   Wed, 25 Aug 2010 20:09:01 -0400

Cynthia, if S(t) is the KM estimate, the CIs are based on
log(-log(S(t)), which removes range restrictions. The SE itself is a
function of S(t) and so does not make a good denominator.

Let S = S(t)

vl = var(log S)= (1/S^2)x var(S)

 w = log(-log(S))
var(w) = vl/(logS)^2