st: !!NOSIG!! CI for nonlinear estimation

From   "Kate Rohrbaugh" <krohrbaugh@ipaglobal.com>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: !!NOSIG!! CI for nonlinear estimation
Date   Tue, 24 Aug 2010 14:02:28 -0400

Greetings Statalist:

We have Stata 9.2, and would like to figure out 95% CIs for predicted values around a beta distribution (i.e., cash flow curves over the life of a project), if it is even possible.  Apologies that I cannot provide dataset or actual data since our work is confidential.

Here's the Stata command:

nl ( _cexpend = ibeta({alpha=1},{beta=1}, _cphase))
where _cexpend is the cumulative expenditure (in percent of total)
_cphase is the cumulative phase (in percent of total)

We've looked at predictnl and nlcom, but need some guidance on applying the results from these commands, or other guidance on what we should be doing.

Thanks for any ideas!

Kate

Kate Rohrbaugh
Research Team Leader