st: loop over macros

From   Jörg Eulenberger <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: loop over macros
Date   Mon, 23 Aug 2010 14:48:12 +0200

i want to loop over local macros, not over the items in the locals. I want to estimate 3 multinominal logit models. One with the variables in local macro "model_1" as independent variables in the model, one with the variables in local macro "model_2" ..... and so on. Only three Modells.

local set1_mig "migdummy1 migdummy2"
local set2_sex "fr49 fr48"
local set3_educ " schulart_e1 schulart_e2"

local model_1 "`set1_mig'"
local model_2 "`model_1' `set2_sex'"
local model_3 "`model_2' `set3_educ'"

foreach macro of varlist "`model_1'" "`model_2'" "`model_3'" {
mlogit  munomi7 `macro'
estimates save mlogit`macro'
I cant find the right syntax for the foreach command.
Thanks in advance