st: RE: Remove part of a string variable

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Remove part of a string variable
Date   Sat, 21 Aug 2010 18:51:04 +0200

You say your variable is a "double" data type? If so, it is numeric, and
-split- only works for strings.

What you showed in your post as

30dec1899 09:30:14

is really

di %20.0fc clock("30dec1899 09:30:14", "DM18Yhms")

So what you really want is to extract a component, not split a string, as in

-help dates_and_times, mark(extracting)-.