st: Remove part of a string variable

From   Beatrice Crozza <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: Remove part of a string variable
Date   Sat, 21 Aug 2010 16:56:53 +0100

Dear All,

when I upload my data into Stata from my Access file (using the odbc
function) the time variable that I have becomes:

30dec1899 09:30:14

And it is in a double format.

I want to remove from my variable time the part 30dec1899.

I tried with generate splitat and with split time, p(“30dec1899”) but
they don’t work.

Could you please help me?

Thank you very much.