Re: st: Marginal Effects for Logistic Mulitlevel Model withInteractionTerms

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Marginal Effects for Logistic Mulitlevel Model withInteractionTerms
Date   Thu, 19 Aug 2010 23:18:25 +0200

Thanks a lot for all your help!
Unfortunately I'm still not sure what to do:

-mfx does not recognize interaction terms and thus does not calculate the marginal effects for interaction terms in the correct way (the problems resulting are explained in Ai/ Norton and Greene (2010).

-Does it make sense not to calculate any marginal effects but just to include interaction terms in the multilevel logit model and estimate that with the stmelogit command and the odds ratio (or) option? Or do I have the same conceptual problem that I can't interpret odds ratios for interaction terms?

Best,
Iris