Re: st: Marginal Effects for Logistic Mulitlevel Model with InteractionTerms

Subject   Re: st: Marginal Effects for Logistic Mulitlevel Model with InteractionTerms
Date   Thu, 19 Aug 2010 12:38:14 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Thu, 19/8/10, Iris.C.Goensch@zeu.uni-giessen.de wrote:
> I am estimating a logistic multilevel model (which
> includes interaction terms) and I would like to calculate marginal
> effects, but I always get the error "default prediction is a
> function of possibly stochastic quantities other than e(b)".

The marginal effect depends on all covariates including the random
effects. The random effects is the stochastic quantity that the
error message complaints about. I think that the easiest solution
is to report odds ratios. This has the added advantage that it
also makes the interpretation of the interaction effects much
easier.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis