st: Japanese labels in the data file

From   Ekaterina Hertog <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: Japanese labels in the data file
Date   Tue, 17 Aug 2010 21:15:08 +0200

Dear all,
I have got a data file from a collaborator where all the data labels are in Jpaanese and my version of Stata 11 does not recognise them. I have googles around, but i cannot find a way to make Stata 11 display Japanese fonts. Does anyone know how to do this?
I will be most grateful for any advice.
Sincerely yours,

Ekaterina Hertog (née Korobtseva)
Career Development Fellow
Department of Sociology and Nissan Institute of Japanese Studies
University of Oxford

27 Winchester Road
United Kingdom