Re: st: sampling using matching variables

From   Christopher Swearingen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: sampling using matching variables
Date   Tue, 17 Aug 2010 11:29:14 -0500

Debs,

I have used the contributed psmatch2, a propensity scoring method, to
match groups on various covariates.

findit psmatch2

*** 1-1 age only matching
psmatch2 nonwhite age, noreplacement
gen age_matched = _weight

*** 1-1 age & education matching
psmatch2 nonwhite age education, noreplacement
gen age_education_matched = _weight

*** 1-1 age & education & gender matching
psmatch2 nonwhite age education gender, noreplacement
gen age_education_gender_matched = _weight

~c
Christopher Swearingen, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and Biostatistics
Department of Pedatrics
One Children's Way, Slot 512-43
Little Rock, AR 72202

http://www.arpediatrics.org/research/biostatistics