Bookmark and Share

Notice: On March 31, it was announced that Statalist is moving from an email list to a forum. The old list will shut down on April 23, and its replacement, statalist.org is already up and running.


[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

st: Zero inflated count data estimation in panel


From   "Justus Baron" <Justus.Baron@gmx.de>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Zero inflated count data estimation in panel
Date   Thu, 12 Aug 2010 17:49:25 +0200

Dear All,

We currently face the following problem:
We have panel data with the dimensions 350x37. The dependent variable is a patent count, and many (70%) of the observations are zero, the remaining 30 % are highly skewed from 1 to 140. We thought about using zero-inflated negative binomial or zero inflated poisson estimators, but we did not find any stata command for these estimators with fixed effects. Is there any way to run zero inflated count data regressions with fixed effects in Stata? If not, is there any suitable way of dealing with the problem of many 0-values in panel data using stata?


Thank you in advance

Tim and Justus
-- 
GMX DSL SOMMER-SPECIAL: Surf & Phone Flat 16.000 für nur 19,99 ¿/mtl.!*
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl
*
*   For searches and help try:
*   http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search
*   http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
*   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/


© Copyright 1996–2014 StataCorp LP   |   Terms of use   |   Privacy   |   Contact us   |   Site index