Re: st: Zero inflated count data estimation in panel

From   David Jacobs <jacobs.184@sociology.osu.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Zero inflated count data estimation in panel
Date   Thu, 12 Aug 2010 16:17:26 -0400

Tim and Julius

There are no panel zero-inflated count models in Stata. It would be nice if Stata gave us one in version 12 but failing that, one work around is to cluster correct using the case identification variable. This would give you a the next best thing to a random effects model.

The (difficult to work with) econometrics package named LIMDEP offers dedicated panel versions of zero inflated models, but I'm uncertain whether this program offers fixed-effects for such models.

David Jacobs