st: AW: vertical (within a column) calculations

Subject   st: AW: vertical (within a column) calculations
Date   Tue, 10 Aug 2010 09:17:53 +0200

<>

There are multiple entries with "lab==1", complicating matters:

*************
clear*

inp PLACE:mylabel str15 DATE LAB, auto
A	"04 Mar 10"	.
A	"16 Mar 10"	2
A	"17 Mar 10"	1
A	"19 Mar 10"	2
A	"23 Mar 10"	2
A	"29 Mar 10"	2
A	"30 Mar 10"	2
A	"30 Mar 10"	2
A	"31 Mar 10"	1
A	"31 Mar 10"	1
A	"01 Apr 10"	.
A	"01 Apr 10"	.
A	"01 Apr 10"	2
A	"02 Apr 10"	2
B	"07 Jun 10"	1
C	"25 Jun 10"	2
D	"07 Feb 10"	.
D	"03 Mar 10"	.
D	"01 Apr 10"	1
D	"03 Apr 10"	1
D	"04 Apr 10"	1
D	"04 Apr 10"	1
D	"07 Apr 10"	1
E	"24 Jun 10"	1
F	"02 Apr 10"	.
F	"09 Apr 10"	2
F	"10 Apr 10"	.
F	"27 Apr 10"	1
F	"07 Apr 10"	2
F	"22 Apr 10"	.
F	"26 Mar 10"	.
end

compress
li, noobs sepby(PLACE)

gen newdate=date(DATE, "DM20Y")
form newdate %tdDD_Mon_YY
drop DATE

bys PLACE (LAB): gen diff=newdate-newdate[1]
li, noobs sepby(PLACE)

HTH
Martin