Re: st: multilevel modeling with svy commands

From   "Michael N. Mitchell" <>
Subject   Re: st: multilevel modeling with svy commands
Date   Mon, 09 Aug 2010 23:51:17 -0700

Dear Ming

  I think your question is very similar to

in which Steve Samuels noted that the -gllamm- command will accept weights (but not strata), but you could consider adding the strata variable as a series of dummies to try and account for the variance of the strata variable.

I hope that helps,

Michael N. Mitchell
Data Management Using Stata      -
A Visual Guide to Stata Graphics -
Stata tidbit of the week         -

On 2010-08-09 8.43 PM, Ming Wen wrote:
Hi there,

Has anyone tried to use Stata to conduct weighted multilevel models (random=
  effects) that take account for the multistage sampling design (with PSU, S=
trata and Weight)? I know SAS can run this kind of models but don't know ho=
w to combine xt- commands with svy- commands to achieve this goal.
Any response would be appreciated.