st: AW: creating subsamples in panel data

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: creating subsamples in panel data
Date   Fri, 6 Aug 2010 17:51:30 +0200

Some function in -help egen- will be the solution, I guess, e.g. the
-pctile- function, or -rank-. Do you want to base the decision on average
assets of the bank over the entire sample period, or on those in a specific

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von David Kehrl
Gesendet: Freitag, 6. August 2010 17:43
Betreff: st: creating subsamples in panel data

I have have a large panel dataset containing bank data. I have a time
variabel and a panel variable that identifies every bank uniquely.
Now I want to divide my data in three groups( by percentiles) by their
asset size  to run regression for each individual group.
I tried evey function I know about but nothing seems to work properly.
I would be extremely grateful for every help I can get on this.If you
wonder this is for my Bachelor Thesis and kind of new to STATA.

David Kehrl