st: creating subsamples in panel data

From   David Kehrl <>
Subject   st: creating subsamples in panel data
Date   Fri, 6 Aug 2010 17:42:39 +0200

I have have a large panel dataset containing bank data. I have a time
variabel and a panel variable that identifies every bank uniquely.
Now I want to divide my data in three groups( by percentiles) by their
asset size  to run regression for each individual group.
I tried evey function I know about but nothing seems to work properly.
I would be extremely grateful for every help I can get on this.If you
wonder this is for my Bachelor Thesis and kind of new to STATA.

David Kehrl