st: Re: Strange behaviour of Stata 11 under GNU/Linux

From   nshephard <>
Subject   st: Re: Strange behaviour of Stata 11 under GNU/Linux
Date   Thu, 5 Aug 2010 04:17:14 -0700 (PDT)

Kevin Crow wrote:
> Neil Shephard <> reported:
>>I was wondering if anyone else can replicate the following (strange)
>>behaviour of Stata 11.1 under GNU/Linux (or any other OS).
>>Hitting 'Ctrl + w' causes Stata to hang, using ~97-100% of one CPU and
>>has to be killed.
> The keyboard shortcut ctrl-w in console Stata does a seek of the command
> history (See [U] 10.4).  Stata for Unix(GUI) was also using this shortcut
> do a seek, but it should not have been.  In a future update, Stata for
> Unix(GUI) will ignore this shortcut in the Command window and allow the
> default key binding to take effect.  For other windows that support it,
> ctrl-w
> will continue to close the current window.

Missed this at the end of last week (and clearly I'd missed [U] 10.4 too,
oops), but good to hear it will be resolved in an update.