st: RE: RE: generate a simple variable with weights

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: RE: generate a simple variable with weights
Date   Wed, 4 Aug 2010 21:13:09 +0100

I suspect that Caterina should be looking at the help for -generate- and
the help for -egen-, especially -rowsum()-.

I don't understand how "each individual has a weight that I have to
consider" translates into statistical terms.

A worked example would allow better advice.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Martin Weiss

The -ratio- command allows fweights, iweights, and pweights, according
its help file...

Caterina Astarita

I have a panel dataset in which I have a column of weights and several
columns of dummy variables (1=yes; 0= no)
and I would like to generate some simple indicator, namely,
a ratio between  "number of yes/number of respondent", the problem is
that
each individual has a weight
that I have to consider. Does anyone know what line of command I have to
use?