st: Statalist blips [was: something else]

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Statalist blips [was: something else]
Date   Wed, 4 Aug 2010 15:33:47 +0100

No; some of us on Statalist have very low senses of humour.

But the Statalist FAQ also says at

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/statalist.html#others

"Please ignore any messages that appear inappropriate or obvious malfunctions of the list. Mail about these, mail about mail about these, and so forth only add to the stuff that members must spend time deleting and do not contribute to the solution."

[Note how the FAQ cunningly supports all points of view so long as they coincide with mine.]

The poor person who sent the original posting to the list must be mightily embarrassed by now, but there is no problem: these things happen. (I did something very similar only in June.)

reg jordan

You know, when I saw this post, I thought I might reply with something witty. Then I thought the better of it, thinking that this list was above that sort of thing. I guessed wrong.

Phil Ryan

... presumably a northern hemisphere diary?

Clive Nicholas

I'm making notes in my diary as I type...