Re: st: Copying Stata graphs/output to PowerPoint

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Copying Stata graphs/output to PowerPoint
Date   Mon, 2 Aug 2010 16:53:17 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Mon, 2/8/10, Alan Riley wrote:
> In the midst of a thread regarding issues related to migrating from
> SPSS to Stata, Walt Paczkowski (
> asked for advice on working with both Stata and Microsoft
> PowerPoint:

I interpreted Walt's question slightly differently and since it
involves quite a bit of "clicking" which is hard to explain in text
I made a movie of how I would solve his questions:

The .do file I used is replicated below:

*--------------- begin example -------------------
cd c:/temp
sysuse auto, clear
gen byte baseline = 1
eststo clear
eststo : logit foreign mpg baseline, nocons
esttab using test, eform rtf replace

predict pr
twoway line pr mpg, sort
graph export Graph.wmf, replace

Hope this helps,

Ps. that it has been a while since I used powerpoint, so I
may well have missed some useful tricks...

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen
Wilhelmstrasse 36