Re: st: Spss vs Stata

From   Joseph McDonnell <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Spss vs Stata
Date   Mon, 2 Aug 2010 17:20:37 +0930

Yves

I can sympathise. I too used SPSS for many years (along with GLIM,
BMDP, Genstat, Minitab and a few others). I wouldn't go back if you
paid me.

By coincidence, my last version of SPSS was also 12. So I don't like
to criticise it in its current form. I agree the output format is
pretty, but I never once imported a SPSS table into a Word document
that was "ready for publication". I always constructed my tables in
Word itself. So, I'm not convinced that that aspect of it is a great
advantage.

Welcome to the list. I hope you have great pleasure with Stata.

Cheers

Joseph