Re: st: how to handle clustering

Subject   Re: st: how to handle clustering
Date   Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:27:52 -0400

Kate Welti <[email protected]> :
Are clusters balanced (roughly equal number of kids per classroom)?
If so, use the vce(cluster classroom) option to get correct SEs.  If
not, still use it, but be aware that SEs may be biased downward.  See
http://www.stata.com/meeting/13uk/nichols_crse.pdf and refs therein,
esp. Rogers and Kezdi (both linked from the PDF).