st: how to handle clustering

From   Kate Welti <>
Subject   st: how to handle clustering
Date   Thu, 29 Jul 2010 11:36:59 -0400

I am analyzing data in which I have treatment and control classrooms
(intervention was at the classroom level) and child-level test scores.
 Ideally, I would use a multi-level model, however, I don't have
enough classrooms and children to do so (according to a power
analysis).  I need to find a way to control for the clustering of
children in classrooms.  Can Stata's cluster option be used in this