st: R.E. and interactions

From   Ignacio Pardo <>
Subject   st: R.E. and interactions
Date   Wed, 28 Jul 2010 20:21:06 +0200

Hello statalisters, I need to ask you for help on this:

would you say that including an interaction between sex and time (in a
2-waves R. Effects model, trying to asses change in certain outcomes
of a social program) allows me to interpret that coefficient as the
specific effect of the program for females?

It would be something like this:

xtreg sex age city after sex*after, re

Thank you very much