AW: st: Dropping observations and creating a balanced panel

Subject   AW: st: Dropping observations and creating a balanced panel
Date   Wed, 28 Jul 2010 09:05:54 +0200

<>

" bys oshpd_fac_no: egen firstyear = min(year)
drop if year>2003 & !mi(year)"

How does the second line make use of the result of the first one? I think it
could be safely omitted...

For the -egen, max()- strategy, also see NJC`s
http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/data/anyall.html

HTH
Martin