Re: st: Problems with "if X==number"

From   Sarah Elizabeth Edgington <>
Subject   Re: st: Problems with "if X==number"
Date   Sun, 25 Jul 2010 00:09:01 -0700

The problem is that gear_ratio is a float variable.
gen test2=1 if gear_ratio==float(3.58)

-Sarah Edgington

At 11:45 PM 7/24/2010, you wrote:
Using Stata/MP 11.1, Windows Vista.

Why is my Stata suddenly doing this? Is this something to do with some
obscure Stata setting, or do I have a serious problem with my

sysuse auto
gen test=1 if gear_ratio==3.58
tab test

. gen test=1 if gear_ratio==3.58