st: Problems with "if X==number"

From   "Mark Marshall" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Problems with "if X==number"
Date   Sun, 25 Jul 2010 18:45:43 +1200

Using Stata/MP 11.1, Windows Vista.

Why is my Stata suddenly doing this? Is this something to do with some
obscure Stata setting, or do I have a serious problem with my

sysuse auto
gen test=1 if gear_ratio==3.58
tab test

. gen test=1 if gear_ratio==3.58