re: Re: st: Installing XTIVREG2 on Stata 9

From   Kit Baum <kitbaum@me.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   re: Re: st: Installing XTIVREG2 on Stata 9
Date   Tue, 20 Jul 2010 22:02:37 -0400

<>
Erasmo said

Thanks all. When I type "update all" within Stata, I see that a lof of
files are downloaded, but I guess in the end they are not installed
because I keep getting an error message: r(603). Type version shows
that I still have version 9.0. I don't seem to be able to upgrade to
version 9.2. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Erasmo should take this up with Stata Tech Support. My guess is that he is using Windows and does not
have privilege to write to the appropriate directories.

To get xtivreg2 to work, which it does under Stata version 8, uninstall ivreg29 and

ssc install ivreg28

and xtivreg2 should then function under Stata 9.0.

Kit Baum
kitbaum@me.com