st: AW: Regional Fixed Effects in Individual Data

From   "Marc Michelsen" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: Regional Fixed Effects in Individual Data
Date   Mon, 19 Jul 2010 19:12:38 +0200

please see Maarten's comment on my question on fixed effects logit models.
That should also be helpful for your setup.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Nicolás Rojas
Gesendet: Sonntag, 18. Juli 2010 20:13
Betreff: st: Regional Fixed Effects in Individual Data

       I am doing  research about the effects of a policy on reporting
crime. I have two cross sections of individual panel data and I want
to estimate a probit model with regional and time fixed effects.
     The problem is that I want to use regional fixed effects and
xtset does not allow me to have many observations within a region.
Stata expected that I had one individual per region for  regional
fixed effects. The error is: repeated time values within panel

What can I do? I didn´t find any useful command at ssc describe or in
the statalist webpage.

Thank you very much,

Nicolás Rojas
Pontifical Catholic University of Chile