Re: st: Append in combination with insheet (of csv files)

From   Neil Shephard <>
Subject   Re: st: Append in combination with insheet (of csv files)
Date   Mon, 19 Jul 2010 14:41:14 +0000

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 2:34 PM, Kaspar Dardas
<> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> is there an efficient way of combining the append and insheet command?
> I have multiple csv files, which I would like to display in one Stata session.
> I have already tried
> however, I get an error message which says "dir. not allowed" after
> the fourth row.
> I can't figure out this command doesn't work. I use Stata 11.

See -man extended fcn- for how the code in that line works.

Based on the above I'd hazard a guess that you have removed a space
between 'dir' and '.' as the '.' is indicating that files ending with
".csv" in the current directory (the '.' means current directory).

"... no scientific worker has a fixed level of significance at which
from year to year, and in all circumstances, he rejects hypotheses; he
rather gives his mind to each particular case in the light of his
evidence and his ideas." - Sir Ronald A. Fisher (1956)

Email -
Website -
Photos -