Re: st: Using mifit after ice to get imputed values

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Using mifit after ice to get imputed values
Date   Fri, 16 Jul 2010 17:18:13 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Fri, 16/7/10, Ilke UNDER wrote:
> I am using Stata 10 to do multiple imputations with ice and
> want to draw point estimates combining the imputations created by
> ice. In a previous email (though it is 2006), it is advised to use
> uvis, miset and mifit to get the imputed values for the initial data
> set. Currently, I assume ice is more efficient since it also
> allows using predictors with missing values and shortens the overall
> procedure. But, I had problems using misplit (update for miset)
> followed by mifit to get the final imputed values combining the multiple
> imputations.

A lot has changed since than. The prefered tool for combining estimates
from imputed datasets with -ice- is now -mim- (-findit mim-). Also type
-findit ice- to find the latest SJ articles on both -ice- and -mim-.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen