st: lowess with CI with/without controls

From   Guy Grossman <>
Subject   st: lowess with CI with/without controls
Date   Thu, 15 Jul 2010 12:58:09 -0400

Dear Statlist

I am running the following lowess model, and have two questions:

lowess y x, bx(.3)

1. Is it possible to graph the lowess smoothing function with
confidence intervals? I read in a past thread a recommendation to use
bootstrap SEs.
 .However since `ereturn list' is empty, I am not sure how I can
set-up a bootstrap simulation. recommendations for a possible Stata
code would be highly appreciated.

2. Secondly, is there an option to run the lowess smoothing of y on x,
controlling for X (Matrix of individual-level controls)?