Re: st: duration analysis in gllamm

Subject   Re: st: duration analysis in gllamm
Date   Tue, 13 Jul 2010 06:02:30 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Mon, 12/7/10, Melaku Fekadu wrote:
> so you are advicing me to rely on only the parametrical
> one?

No, I am advising you to check whether your unobserved
variable shows the behaviour I described when you use the
non-parametric one. Probably the easiest way is to simulate
the unobserved variable and observe the distribution of the
survivors over time. Moreover, that pattern seems less
likely to occur when you use more mass points, so adding
a mass point would be a straightforward sollution when
you encounter this problem.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis