st: AW: Tokenize local varlist

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: AW: Tokenize local varlist
Date   Tue, 13 Jul 2010 09:01:30 +0200

<>

Has

*************
help unab
*************

been mentioned yet?

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] Im Auftrag von Dani Tilley
Gesendet: Dienstag, 13. Juli 2010 05:32
An: stata
Betreff: st: Tokenize local varlist

Hi,

I'm trying to use -token- on a varlist I defined, but it seems it's not
working
as it should. I did the following:

local tvars prefix_*
token `tvars'
local regressand `1'
mac shift
local regressors `*'

So I try to assign all the variables that begin with "prefix_" to local
varlist
tvars, and then I tokenize tvars and attempt to assign the first variable to

local regressand and the rest to regressors. However, when I -browse `1'-
after
tokenizing tvars I get all the variables beginning with prefix_ (i.e. all
tvars), and after I -ma s- and -browse `*'- I get all the variables in my
data
set.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks in advance.