st: combining DHS surveys: what weights to use

From   Ana Gabriela Guerrero Serdan <ag_guerreroserdan@yahoo.com>
To   stata listserve <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: combining DHS surveys: what weights to use
Date   Mon, 12 Jul 2010 13:42:43 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all,

I am working with DHS surveys for different countries at one point in time. I want to do regional analysis based on the surveys that I have (currently for 16 different countries).

Does anyone has advice on how I should treat sample weights in this case, if I want to do simple descriptive statistics on the proportion of children that are undernourished or attending school?

thanks,
Gaby