st: Identify and Replace Values

From   Hobst <>
Subject   st: Identify and Replace Values
Date   Mon, 12 Jul 2010 09:18:57 -0700 (PDT)

I have a huge dataset containing automotive brand-swiching data. I have a
variable called traded_model and another variable called new_model. in order
to output a symmetric swiching matrix i need to identify all the expressions
that are eigther only in traded_brand or only in new_brand and replace the
expression with "others". For example a model called "318d" exists in
traded_model but not in new_model, so all the "318d" should be replaced by

Does anyone have an idea how i can programm that? I dont get it to work, and
doing it manually is close to impossible as there are more than 1000
different model names.

Any help is much appreciated, thank you.