Re: st: Marginal effects for mvprobit after imputation

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Marginal effects for mvprobit after imputation
Date   Mon, 12 Jul 2010 13:19:55 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Mon, 12/7/10, Laura Cyron wrote:
> I'm trying to find a way to compute marginal effects
> after  imputation with -ice-  with Stata 11.
> I am estimating a  trivariate probit model using the
> -mvprobit- command

-mvprobit- is a user written program. I am assuming you
are using the latest version which you downloaded by
typing -ssc install mvprobit, replace-. It is crucial
that you tell us where you got your user written software
from, as there are usually multiple version floating
around in cyberspace, and the answer often depends on
which version you are using.

A quick look at this program suggest that in this case
the answer is simple though probably not to your liking:
since -mvprobit- does not use a standard -predict-
program, none of the -mfx-, -mfx2- (also user written,
so...), -margins- can compute marginal effects for you.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie