Re: st: error when running ice

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: error when running ice
Date   Mon, 12 Jul 2010 07:53:59 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Sun, 11/7/10, David Backer wrote:
> While using ice to do multiple imputation in Stata version
> 10.1, I encounter the following error:
>  Obs. nos. out of range
>  r(198)
> The "dry run" of the command worked fine.

Sounds like an error in the program. I would first make sure
that I have the most recent version of -ice- (the one on SSC
not the one from the SJ). So type in Stata:

ssc install ice, replace

If that does not solve your problem I would sent an email,
containing a dataset and a .do file that reproduces your
problem to Patrick Royston, the author of -ice-. Patrick is,
to the best of my knowledge, not a member of the Statalist,
so you need to contact him directly.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie