st: RE: RE: var decomposition issues

Subject   st: RE: RE: var decomposition issues
Date   Sun, 11 Jul 2010 18:02:23 +0200

<>

Also try the recipes contained in this recent thread:
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2010-06/msg01504.html

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Nick Cox
Sent: Sonntag, 11. Juli 2010 17:49
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: RE: var decomposition issues

I doubt your syntax which has response and panel identifier both equal
to x.

But something like

gen predicted = .

egen group = group(id)
su group, meanonly

forval i = 1/`=r(max)' {
	tempvar pred
	var <whatever> if group == `i'
	predict `pred'
	replace predicted = `pred' if group == `i'
	drop `pred'
}

should get you closer to where you want to be. See also.

FAQ     . . . . . . . . . . Making foreach go through all values of a
variable
J. Cox
        8/05    Is there a way to tell Stata to try all values of a
                particular variable in a foreach statement without
                specifying them?
                http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/data/foreach.html

Alban Pinz