Re: st: Mata optimize: does moptimize_result_coefs(M) really work?

From   [email protected] (Jeff Pitblado, StataCorp LP)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Mata optimize: does moptimize_result_coefs(M) really work?
Date   Thu, 08 Jul 2010 11:20:08 -0500

James Prieger <[email protected]> found a reference to a
-moptimize()- subroutine in the on-line help and documentation that does not
exist, yet:

> The Mata manual (M-5, page 605) says that the command
>
> moptimize_result_coefs(M)
>
> can be used to post results after optimization. However,
> 1) it doesn't seem to work, and
> 2) the Stata Do-file Editor doesn't seem to think it is a command,
> either (i.e., the Editor doesn't put it in blue type).
>
> Does anyone know if this is an error in the Mata manual?
> N.b. the closely related command "moptimize_result_eq_coefs(M)" _does_
> work, so I guess my question is more academic/beta-testing than anything
> else.

-moptimize_results_coefs()- was meant to be a shortcut for
-moptimize_results_eq_coefs()- without the equation argument.

-moptimize_results_coefs()- will be made available in a future ado-file
update.

In the mean time, as James already noticed, -moptimize_result_eq_coefs()- can
be used instead.

--Jeff