Re: st: How to test whether data follows Exp distribution?

From   Antoine Terracol <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: How to test whether data follows Exp distribution?
Date   Wed, 07 Jul 2010 21:00:56 +0200

In fact, if Y is exponential(lambda), then exp(-lambda*Y) is uniform(0,1)

In any case, if Y is exponential, then its cumulative hazard rate would be linear irrespective of lambda, and, as Nick said, exp(-lambda*Y) would have a linear quantile plot, but one would need to know the value of lambda

clear
set obs 1000
scalar lambda=2
g var=-ln(runiform())/lambda // var~E(lambda)
stset var
sts graph, cumhaz

g var2=exp(-var*lambda)
quantile var2