st: R: competing risk

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: R: competing risk
Date   Wed, 7 Jul 2010 18:31:13 +0200

The most recent Stata releases ought to have a canned option among Survival
analysis stuff for dealing with competing risk (not mine, since I am still a
9.2/SE Stata user).

Since Rosetta's query may imply different replies depending upon what she
wishes to estimate (marginal; crude; partial crude probability of the
competing events under investigations), I would refer her to:

Klein JP, Moeschberger ML. Survival Analysis. Techniques for Censored and
Truncated Data. 2nd ed. New York: Springer, 2005: 69-70; 127-132.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful.

Kind Regards,

-----Messaggio originale-----
[] Per conto di
Inviato: mercoledì 7 luglio 2010 12.03
Oggetto: st: competing risk

Dear all,
I am running a survival analysis with discrete time data using a stock
(1750 individuals followed up one, three and five years after graduation).
The period at risk of being employed may ends in two competing events,
fixed term and open ended contracts.
I am new in using Stata. Could anyone please advise me how to deal with
competing risk in a discrete time setting?
In a single risk model I have already organized the data so that there is
row per person per each time at risk of being employed in a fixed or open
Thank you for your attention,

This mail sent through IMP: